Many people view house calls as a “thing of the past”, but in 2023 that couldn’t be further from the truth. If you’ve never booked a home service, these tips will set you up for success.
When preparing for a massage, bodywork or energy therapy house-call, If you can help it, try not to schedule your session right before you have to be very active. Intention is everything, if you can, make this your day for R&R, do that. If not, now worries. Mindfulness goes a long way.
How to prepare your home:
- Choose a Quiet Space
- Ensure you have a quiet, clean, and clutter-free area where the massage therapist can set up their table or chair.
- Clear Pathways:
- Clear paths from the entrance to the massage area to make it easy for the therapist to move their equipment.
- Dress Comfortably
- Wear a robe or loose, comfortable clothing that can easily be removed for the massage.
- Communicate Preferences
- Discuss your preferences and any specific areas of concern with the therapist before the session.
- Be Punctual
- Be ready for the therapist’s arrival on time to maximize your session.
- Turn Off Distractions
- Silence or turn off phones and any other distractions to create a serene environment.
- Focus on relaxation techniques like deep breathing to prepare your mind and body.
- Payment and Gratuity
- Have payment ready, and consider a tip for the therapist as a gesture of appreciation.
- 20% is industry standard, however, I’m sure your therapist will appreciate what ever your are willing, and able to give.
- Follow post session instructions
- After the massage, follow any post-massage care recommendations provided by the therapist and be sure to book your next appointment.
Remember that communication with your therapist is key to tailoring the experience to your needs and preferences.